When you pick up a bag of Tommy’s Superfoods at the grocery store, we want you to know that what you see on the label is what you get. We worked tirelessly to create exciting vegetable combinations, chock full of whole veggies that were picked at peak ripeness. Today we’re highlighting the tasty and nutritious seasonings and vegetables that are in every bag of Broccoli Remix.
Remixing Your Favorite Veggies
When we set out to create this blend, one word kept coming to mind: remix. A modified version of a classic. Your first thought might have been music, but ours was veggies. So how can we add a twist to the classic broccoli medley? How about with rare green chickpeas, zippy yellow bell pepper, and zesty seasonings! But the pros of Broccoli Remix don’t stop there- keep reading to see just how amazing the health benefits of this medley are.
Gone are the days of hiding broccoli under your napkin; these greens are perfect alongside your favorite dish, or even as the centerpiece of your plate. And the taste isn’t the only thing to get excited about! Broccoli has tons of health benefits to add a boost to any meal of the day. Some of these include:
- Fiber for digestive health.
- Potassium for nerve and heart function.
- Folate to help produce new cells in your body.
- Vitamins C & K that help your body heal any scratches or cuts.
- Frozen broccoli specifically has 400% more beta-carotene than fresh!
When you think of chickpeas, you probably think of the light brown garbanzo beans. Green chickpeas are simply the younger sister of these light brown chickpeas, harvested earlier than those that we’re used to seeing in grocery stores. Typically, green chickpeas are only sold in stores during their Summer harvest season, but frozen foods are allowing their deliciousness and health benefits to be available all year-round. Some of the health benefits of green chickpeas are:
- Support for healthy digestion.
- Regulating blood sugar.
- Lowering cholesterol, triglycerides, and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Providing all the amino acids recommended for the body each day.
- Helping with weight management thanks to their low sodium, low fat, and high protein.
Bell Peppers are the perfect spicy companion for broccoli and green chickpeas. And who doesn’t love a dash of yellow to brighten up that green? We love bell peppers not just because they’re tasty, but also because they’re full of nutrients to help you live a healthy life. The health benefits of bell peppers include:
- Providing a great source of Vitamin C.
- Aiding digestion because of their calorie for calorie fiber content.
- Helping improve heart health.
- Providing antioxidants that are essential for healthy nerves and muscles.
In addition to the tasty and healthy vegetables you find in a bag of Broccoli Remix, we’ve also added in simple and healthy seasonings. From sea salt to celery seed, each of our seasoning blends has been hand-crafted to not only maximize the taste but also the nutrients in our veggies.
All of Tommy’s Superfoods veggie blends are low-sodium, which means they have the perfect amount of sea salt. So instead of worrying about the risks of too much salt in your diet, you can enjoy the wonderful flavors in our frozen vegetables and the real health benefits! The health benefits of sea salt are:
- Sea salt contains several electrolytes, like magnesium, calcium, and potassium that help keep your brain and heart healthy.
- Sea salt’s high electrolyte content helps your body recover from exercise and prevents muscle cramps.
- The minerals found in real sea salt reduce inflammation and help regulate your blood pressure.
Even though they look small, celery seeds actually pack a seriously flavorful punch – and provide lots of health benefits, too! Some of the health benefits of celery seed include:
- Supporting bone health through high amounts of calcium and manganese.
- Regulating blood sugar.
- Providing plenty of antioxidants.
- Boosting the formation of red blood cells.
No, we’re not talking about the bright yellow mustard you put on your hot dog or hamburger! This is mustard seed, a tasty and healthy seasoning that adds some zest to our Broccoli Remix. Mustard’s health benefits include:
- Improving digestion.
- Fighting off migraines.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Protecting against certain cancers.
- Acting as an anti-inflammatory.
You may have heard of turmeric lattes or smoothie boosts in the news lately, but we’ve been fans of turmeric and its health benefits for many years! The health benefits of turmeric include:
- Aiding digestion.
- Easing aches and discomfort.
- Encouraging balanced blood sugar.
- Improving liver function.
Dried Yeast Extract
Yeast extract adds a warm, almost buttery flavor and is a great nutritional supplement. Our gluten-free yeast extract has a variety of health benefits, including:
- Maintaining proper digestion.
- Enhancing energy levels.
- Providing great levels of protein and potassium.
- Maintaining healthy skin, hair, eyes, and nails.
Garlic has been a staple in food and medicine since the time of Hippocrates’, so it’s no wonder that dehydrated garlic is a staple seasoning in our vegetable medleys. The health benefits of dehydrated garlic include:
- A great source of nutrients, filled with Vitamin C, fiber, and manganese.
- Garlic can help combat colds and boost your immune system.
- Certain compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure, improve your cholesterol levels, and lower your risk of heart disease.
Lemon peel isn’t just a pretty garnish, it’s also a good source of flavor and health benefits. These include:
- Providing a great source of calcium.
- Helping your immune system.
- Protecting against cancers.
- Keeping your heart healthy.
Much like lemon peel, orange peel adds exciting flavor to Broccoli Remix, along with several healthy components. Some of the health benefits of orange peel include:
- Helping with weight loss.
- Boosting your immune system.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Improving oral health.
- Fighting off allergies.
Last but not least, paprika is perfect for adding a punch of flavor and spice to your plate. Paprika’s health benefits include:
- Supporting healthy digestion.
- Helping heal wounds.
- Encouraging thick, healthy hair.
- Decreasing the risk of heart problems.
What You Get In a Bag of Tommy’s
What you see in a bag of Tommy’s is what you get: delicious vegetables, frozen at their peak, and light, flavorful seasoning blends with plenty of health benefits. It’s nothing like the soggy vegetables your grandma used to serve, it’s carefully crafted and unique vegetable medleys. Perfect for any plate at any time of the day.
What do you love about Broccoli Remix? Leave us a comment and let us know!