When it comes to frozen vegetable medleys, only the best ingredients are found in a bag of Tommy’s!
We’ve worked for years to create exciting flavor combinations with whole foods picked at peak ripeness, and simple, good for you seasonings. Today we want to highlight what you’ll find when you pick up a bag of Root Fusion on your next trip to the grocery store because we’re as beautiful (and nutritious) inside the bag as we are out.
Whole Foods, Really Good Vegetables
Root vegetables rock, so we thought: why not put them together in a super awesome blend?! Our Root Fusion medley is a mix of sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, and fuji apples. This complex but mellow flavor is perfect for adding veggies to your plate at any meal of the day. Read on for more info about the amazing veggies in Tommy’s Superfoods Root Fusion.
Sweet potatoes are so much more than just a Thanksgiving side dish! In fact, they’re one of the most nutritious vegetables around, so we think they deserve to be the centerpiece of your table all year long. Here are some of the health benefits of sweet potatoes:
- Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A medium-sized sweet potato has 6.6 grams of fiber, which can help people control their blood sugar, unlike other starchy vegetables.
- The orange color of sweet potatoes comes from its high beta-carotene content. Beta-carotene helps improve our blood levels of Vitamin A.
- Purple sweet potatoes are extra rich in antioxidants- one study even found the antioxidant levels of purple sweet potatoes were more than 3 times higher than the antioxidant levels of blueberries!
Unseasoned or overcooked beets, step aside – beets done right (like what you’ll find in Root Fusion) are super tasty! Plus, beets have health benefits to get excited about, too:
- Beets can help keep your eyes and nervous system healthy, and prevent heart disease and cancer.
- Beets are packed with vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C, and more.
- Research has shown that beets can enhance athletic performance, assist with recovery, and detoxify your body, helping to keep your energy and performance levels at their peak.
Think carrots are just “rabbit food”? Think again! Carrots are a tasty and healthy addition to more than just salads and carrot cake, they take roasted or sauteed vegetable blends to the next level.
- Carrots can keep your eyes healthy by preventing glaucoma and cataracts.
- In addition to helping your eyes, carrots can also prevent colon cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- One cup of carrots meets more than the daily recommended amount of Vitamin A.
- Carrots are also chock-full of other nutrients, like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, manganese, and potassium.
Fuji apples bring the perfect amount of sweet to our Root Fusion medley, plus adding even more health benefits:
- Fuji apples are a great source of fiber, with 4-5 grams in each apple.
- A fuji apple has a good amount of Vitamin C, which can prevent diabetes, cancer, and other medical conditions.
- Apples have also been linked to a decreased risk of stroke and heart attacks.
In addition to the awesome vegetables included in our Root Fusion medley, we’ve also created the perfect combination of seasonings. Our seasoning blends not only add great taste and make it super easy to add vegetables to every meal, but they also add nutrients and health benefits to your diet. We pick each and every spice and herb not just for flavor but to ensure maximum nutrition, too.
You may have been told that a low-sodium diet is key to your health, and while it’s true that you shouldn’t have too much salt in your diet, sea salt actually has some real health benefits!
- Sea salt contains several electrolytes, like magnesium, calcium, and potassium that help keep your brain and heart healthy.
- Sea salt’s high electrolyte content helps your body recover from exercise and prevents muscle cramps.
- The minerals found in real sea salt reduce inflammation and help regulate your blood pressure.
All Tommy’s Superfoods vegetable medleys are low-sodium. That means they have the perfect amount of sea salt to bring out the wonderful flavors in our frozen vegetables without any of the worrisome side effects.
Black pepper is one of our favorite seasonings, so much so that we put it in almost all of our vegetable medleys! But black pepper isn’t just a tasty seasoning, it’s also got plenty of benefits as well.
- Black pepper is high in antioxidants and nutrients that can help fight cancer.
- Including black pepper in your dishes can also help lower your cholesterol and improve your blood sugar levels.
- Black pepper is an anti-inflammatory and improves brain function.
Sage is an herb that’s used in cuisines all over the world. In addition to its strong flavor, sage also has lots of vitamins and nutrients that make it a great addition to our medleys.
- Sage has good levels of Vitamin K, iron, calcium, and manganese.
- Sage also has lots of antioxidants, which can help improve brain function and lower your risk of cancer.
Thyme is an herb that’s been used in cooking for thousands of years. It has a huge range of usage, including the perfect seasoning for vegetables! Plus, it can help prevent several health conditions and keep you healthy.
- Thyme can help boost your immune system as it’s filled with Vitamins C and A.
- Thyme is known for its antibacterial properties and it can also help lower your blood pressure.
Oregano is an herb that’s been used for herbal remedies for thousands of years, but it’s also a great seasoning to enhance the flavors in a dish. Here are some of the health benefits of oregano:
- Similar to thyme, oregano can also help boost your immune system because of its antioxidant properties.
- Oregano is full of fiber, which aids with digestion, helps maintain gut health, and regulate blood sugar.
- Oregano also improves heart and bone health and detoxifies your body.
Garlic has been used as a seasoning and medical ingredient since the time of Hippocrates. So it’s no wonder that we’ve included it in our veggie blends!
- Garlic is very nutritious, filled with Vitamin C, fiber, and manganese.
- Garlic can help combat colds and boost your immune system.
- Certain compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure, improve your cholesterol levels, and lower your risk of heart disease.
What’s In a Bag of Tommy’s
What’s in a bag of Tommy’s Superfoods? It’s more than just vegetables, it’s carefully crafted flavor combinations, exciting seasoning, and food that you can feel good about eating.
What’s your favorite part of our Root Fusion medley? Leave us a comment and let us know!