If you want to escape the heavy sauces and bland seasonings of your everyday meals, try our Asian Fusion tofu lettuce wraps!
These wraps are packed with protein and exploding with flavor thanks to our medley of 7 vegetables, and our handcrafted 5-spice seasoning blend. Please all kinds of tastes by customizing your wraps with a variety of sauces and toppings, from soy and sesame seed to sriracha and scallions. The endless fusion fun is up to you!
Asian Fusion Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 1 package Tommy’s Asian Fusion
- 1/2 standard 14oz block Extra Firm Tofu, drained
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce, pulled apart & washed
- 2 Scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: Asian
- Slice the extra firm tofu into 2″ long rectangular strips. Spread the strips evenly on a food-safe cloth or paper towel in order to allow more moisture to drain away.
- Place a large nonstick saute pan or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is heated and begins to shimmer, carefully add the sliced tofu to the hot oil.
- Pan-fry the tofu slices for about 10 minutes, turning at regular intervals until they are golden brown and a little crispy. When finished, place the crispy tofu on a wire rack or paper towel to drain away any excess oil. Safely discard any of the remaining hot oil and wipe your pan clean before continuing.
- Prepare Tommy’s Asian Fusion according to the instructions on the package.
- To assemble each lettuce wrap, fill with 2-3 strips of tofu, 2 tbsp of asian fusion, a few drops of hoisin, and sliced scallions to garnish. Be careful not to “overload” the lettuce, as Bibb, while delicious, is also very delicate. This recipe should allow for 10-12 lettuce wraps in total.
- Once assembled, enjoy immediately on their own or with some fresh mandarin oranges. Yum!