We know that breakfast is important. But so are vegetables! And we want you to have the best of both worlds. With this burrito, you’ll get a punch of flavor and nutrients for all-day energy. This burrito adds a little bit of a green twist to the classic scrambled egg breakfast.
All you need is eggs, swiss cheese, Asparagus & Kale, tortillas, and your dipping sauces of choice. Once you’ve got all the ingredients, you’re just a few steps away from the perfect, veggie-filled breakfast!
Asparagus & Kale Breakfast Burrito
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Package Tommy’s Asparagus & Kale
- 4 Medium Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Turn on your oven or warming drawer to the lowest setting and place the tortillas inside.
- Cook Tommy’s Asparagus & Kale according to the recommendations on the package. Transfer the Asparagus & Kale to a bowl and place them in the warming drawer or warm oven with the tortillas.
- Place a nonstick or seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat and add up to 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, swirling it around to completely coat the bottom.
- While the skillet is warming, crack the eggs into an adequately sized bowl. When the pan is hot, add the eggs to the hot skillet along with the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until they are fluffy and moist. In the last 30 seconds, stir in all of the swiss cheese and allow it to melt.
- Assemble your breakfast burritos using the traditional “envelope” fold, tucking the edges of the tortilla towards the center before rolling it up.
- Enjoy immediately!