Tired of your plain old breakfast? Never fear! These savory waffles are here to save the day. Stuffed with goat cheese and scallions and topped with our Asparagus & Kale medley, this recipe is the perfect plant-powered breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner…we don’t judge.
Pair them with your favorite fruits and dig in. Trust us, you won’t be missing those regular waffles after one bite of these tasty treats.
Asparagus & Kale Loaded Savory Waffles
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Low-Sugar Waffle Mix OR Scratch Waffle Mix
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Package Tommy’s Asparagus & Kale
Scratch Waffle Mix
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- For Scratch Waffle Mix, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir until a uniform dry mixture is formed. For the store-bought mix, measure out the appropriate amount into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine the eggs, milk, and olive oil. Stir continuously until the mixture is uniform and the oil is fully absorbed.
- Pour the liquid ingredients mixture (eggs, milk, and olive oil) into the larger dry ingredient bowl all at once. Stir to until the mixture just comes together — it is okay if the resulting batter is slightly lumpy. Do not over-stir!
- Add the goat cheese crumbles and sliced scallions to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Scoop the savory waffle batter onto your preheated waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp. Continue to prepare the waffles in batches until the batter is gone. This recipe should make 6-10 waffles, depending upon size.
- Spread the waffles onto a cookie sheet (minimize stacking to preserve their crisp texture) and transfer to a warming drawer or warm oven.
- Cook Tommy’s Asparagus & Kale according to the recommendations on the package.
- To serve, stack the savory waffles and asparagus & kale in alternating layers and garnish with fresh fruit. Enjoy!