Lots of people like to have bacon with their greens. We were trying to think of ways to get that same smoky, earthy bacon flavor, without everything else that comes with it!
Enter smoked Gouda and mushrooms! Find a nice, firm smoked Gouda cheese, add in a few roasted cremini mushrooms and — viola! All deliciousness, without the bacon-induced guilt.
Baked Potato with Tommy’s Super Greens & Smoked Gouda
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 1 Dozen Cremini Mushrooms, sauteed
- 2 Ounces Firm Smoked Gouda, shredded
- Butter or Olive Oil, as needed/desired
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes. Microwave your potatoes for 5 minutes, turning them over halfway through. Once the oven is preheated, place them directly on the rack and bake for no more than 10 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, cook Tommy’s Super Greens according to the recommendations on the package. Once fully cooked, set aside in a warm area and get ready to serve.
- To serve, cut each potato in half. Then carve a 3″ – 4″ slit in the exposed middle of each potato half. Using towels or oven mitts (the potatoes will still be very hot!), gently press on either end of each potato half so that the slit opens up. Transfer the opened up sweet potato halves to four plates and top generously with Tommy’s Super Greens, sauteed cremini mushrooms, shredded smoked Gouda and your other favorite accompaniments.
- Enjoy this tasty, healthy meal on its own, or with a fresh fruit or side salad. Super tasty!