If you need to sneak a few more greens into your diet, you will want to try this chicken roulade recipe featuring Tommy’s Super Greens. Whether you’re pairing it with a salad for a light lunch, or a hearty dinner of pasta with tomato sauce and garlic bread, definitely keep this recipe in your kitchen playbook. Put a healthy twist on your family’s next Italian style dinner!
Chicken Roulade with Super Green Filling
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ Package Tommy’s Super Greens
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, as desired
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cuisine Type: Italian
- Cook the Tommy’s Super Greens according to the directions on the pouch. Transfer to a bowl and chill in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, Tommy’s Super Greens (cooked, then chilled), grated parmesan, and a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Using a mallet, pound all four chicken breasts so that they are an even ½” thick. Lay the pounded chicken breasts out on the cutting board.
- Dividing the filling evenly between all four breasts, gently spread the filling evenly to within ½” of the outer edge of each pounded cutlet. Starting from the narrowest end, roll each breast over itself (like a jelly roll) to form a roulade.
- Using butcher’s twine, secure each roulade with two evenly spaced loops and knots. Season the tied roulades on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is very hot, add all four roulades and sear on all sides, turning every 2 – 3 minutes, until all sides of every roulade achieve a rich mahogany brown color.
- Transfer the seared roulades to a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the roulades from the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes prior to slicing. Pair with your favorite traditional Italian pasta dish. Yum!