Recipe by Kaity Farrell
This recipe comes from Kaity at Fare Isle. She says:
Every day is Taco Tuesday with these quick and easy vegan tacos thanks to Tommy’s Superfood ready-to-eat Fiesta Quinoa!
Easy Vegan Fiesta Quinoa Tacos
- 1 bag of Tommy’s Superfoods Fiesta Quinoa
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup of fresh or jarred salsa
- 8 oz of pressed firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of reduced sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pickled jalpeños (optional)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cuisine Type: Mexican
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a small baking tray with tin foil. Slice pressed tofu into 8 slices and arrange on tin foil in 1 layer. Add olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, hot sauce, and paprika to a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Pour sauce over tofu and bake for about 10 minutes until sauce bubbles and tofu starts to brown a bit. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the Fiesta Quinoa as directed on the package.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side.
- To assemble tacos, divide the Fiesta Quinoa among each tortilla, then add 2 slices of baked tofu to each, and top with salsa and pickled jalapeños or any other toppings of your choice such as avocado slices or guacamole.