Quesadillas don’t have to be a boring has-been of the snack world. Why not mix things up by folding some Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa in there? Your body will thank you for the extra flavor, not to mention the boost of protein and fiber you’ll get from the quinoa, brown rice, and pinto beans.
We love doing our quesadillas on a panini press – it requires less oil, cooks faster, and those “grill” marks make for a great presentation! If you don’t have a press, don’t worry… A regular skillet will work just fine!
Fiesta Quinoa Quesadilla
- 4 10” Flour Tortillas (White or Wheat)
- 5 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 bag Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, frozen
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Servings: 2 Quesadillas, 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cuisine Type: Mexican
- Pre-heat your panini press to medium-high. Pour your olive oil into a shallow bowl.
- On a cutting board, pre-assemble your quesadillas. Dipping a brush in the olive oil, spread a small amount of oil over the bottom plate of your panini press.
- Gently lay each quesadilla on the press and brush additional oil over the upward facing tortilla before closing the lid. (Note: Depending on the size of your panini press, you may need to cook the quesadillas one at a time.)
- Cook the quesadilla until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F, about five minutes.
- Remove the quesadillas from the panini press and cut each into six portions. Serve immediately with our Easy Homemade Salsa, sour cream and Super Greens Guacamole.
(Food Safety Tip: Pepper Jack melts when it reaches temperatures of 150F. One your cheese starts melting, let the quesadilla cook at least an additional 1-2 minutes, in order to ensure it reaches 165F.)