Forget your usual Chinese takeout, because we’ve got something even better. Covered in a drool-worthy stir fry sauce, paired with tasty tofu and brown rice, our Sesame Brussels Sprouts recipe will have your mouth saying open sesame!
You may have just found your new favorite dish (we did ?).
Sesame Brussels Sprouts
- 8 oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 package Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup light stir fry sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, to garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Light Stir Fry Sauce
Most stir fry sauces are high in sugar and sodium. Use this lighter, healthier version.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine (not vinegar)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cuisine Type: Asian
- Open and drain the extra firm tofu. Cut into 3/4″ cubes and blot dry on a paper towel or food-safe cloth.
- While the tofu dries, prepare the stir fry sauce by combining all ingredients into a bowl and mixing well using a whisk or a pair of chopsticks.
- Place a well-seasoned wok or large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is heated and begins to shimmer, carefully add the cubed tofu to the hot oil.
- Pan-fry the tofu cubes for about 10 minutes, turning at regular intervals until they are golden brown. When finished, place the crispy tofu on a wire rack or paper towel to drain away any excess oil. Safely discard any of the remaining hot oil and wipe your pan clean before continuing.
- Prepare Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts according to the instructions on the package.
- When Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts are almost ready, add the crispy tofu and stir fry sauce back to the pan and cook stirring frequently for an additional minute.
- Serve immediately with freshly steamed brown rice. Garnish with sliced scallions and enjoy!