What do you get when you combine Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa with a baked sweet potato? A protein-packed, easy on-the-go dinner that will leave you satisfied!
Add in your favorite Southwest-themed toppers and dig in to all of the deliciousness, but with considerably fewer calories.
Not convinced? That’s okay. We like to let the veggies do the talking, anyway. One bite and you’ll be a believer, too!
Southwest Baked Sweet Potato with Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Package Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 4 Tbsp Guacamole, prepared or home-made
- Butter or Olive Oil, as needed/desired
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes. Microwave your potatoes for 5 minutes, turning them over halfway through. Once the oven is preheated, place them directly on the rack and bake for no more than 10 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, cook Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa according to the recommendations on the package. Once fully cooked, set aside in a warm area and get ready to serve.
- To serve, cut each potato in half. Then carve a 3″ – 4″ slit in the exposed middle of each potato half. Using towels or oven mitts (the potatoes will still be very hot!), gently press on either end of each potato half so that the slit opens up. Transfer the opened up sweet potato halves to four plates and top generously with Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, guacamole and your other favorite accompaniments. (A little salsa or sliced fresh jalapenos, if you’re feeling brave!)
- Enjoy this tasty, healthy meal on its own, or with a fresh fruit or side salad. Super tasty!