What do you get when you combine Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa with a baked sweet potato? A protein-packed, easy on-the-go dinner that will leave you satisfied!
Add in your favorite Southwest-themed toppers and dig in to all of the deliciousness, but with considerably fewer calories.
Not convinced? That’s okay. We like to let the veggies do the talking, anyway. One bite and you’ll be a believer, too!
Southwest Baked Sweet Potato with Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Package Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 4 Tbsp Guacamole, prepared or home-made
- Butter or Olive Oil, as needed/desired
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes and wrap them in aluminum foil. Once the oven is preheated, place the wrapped potatoes directly on the rack and allow them to bake until tender — about 45 minutes. If you would like the skins of the potato to be crispy, carefully open up the foil with a pair of tongs for the last 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, cook Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa according to the recommendations on the package. Once fully cooked, set aside in a warm area and get ready to serve.
- To serve, cut each potato in half. Then carve a 3″ – 4″ slit in the exposed middle of each potato half. Using towels or oven mitts (the potatoes will still be very hot!), gently press on either end of each potato half so that the slit opens up. Transfer the opened up sweet potato halves to four plates and top generously with Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, guacamole and your other favorite accompaniments. (A little salsa or sliced fresh jalapenos, if you’re feeling brave!)
- Enjoy this tasty, healthy meal on its own, or with a fresh fruit or side salad. Super tasty!