When we think of Fall, what’s the first thing to come to mind? Maybe it’s Halloween, hay rides, Thanksgiving, or the leaves changing colors. But for us, Fall means the beginning of Pumpkin season! Whether you’re snuggling up with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte, baking a Pumpkin Pie, or just carving Jack-O-Lanterns, there are lots of ways to enjoy these gourds.
And we’ve got one more for you: our Vegetarian Southwest Stuffed Pumpkin! Get all the flavors of Fall with this warm and wonderful recipe that’s sure to be an eye-catching addition to your dinner table.
Vegetarian Southwest Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 Medium Pie Pumpkin, stem cap removed & inside cleaned out
- 2 Packages Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, as desired
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
To prepare the stuffed squash:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a small bowl and using a pastry brush, generously coat the inside and outside of the pumpkin. Brush a little olive oil on the removed stem cap and reserve for later. If desired, you may season the inside of the pumpkin with salt before laying it on a cookie sheet with the opening facing down. Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake until the pumpkin is tender, but still holds its shape — about 40 minutes. In the last 15 minutes, add the reserved pumpkin cap to the oven.
- Remove the squash and cap from the oven and allow it to rest at room temperature. While it is resting, cook Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa according to the recommendations on the package. We recommend preparing two packages to fill a medium size pie pumpkin.
- To assemble, place the pumpkin on a serving platter with the opening facing up. Fill it to the top with Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa and and decorate with the (now roasted) stem cap.
- Present and enjoy immediately.