Looking for something to do with your leftovers? This is the perfect recipe for you!
Our Super Greens arancini combines the great taste and amazing health benefits of kale, swiss chard, and spinach, with the power of quinoa and brown rice for a deliciously filling dinner. Just add a simple salad to the table and you’ve got the perfect easy-to-make meal! Buon appetito, amici!
Super Greens Arancini
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Asiago Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese, to garnish
- Marinara Sauce, as desired for dipping
Prep Time: 45 min
- This recipe is ideal for times when you have leftover cooked rice, quinoa, or Tommy’s Super Greens. Preheat your oven to 350F.
- If not using leftovers, prepare the appropriate amounts of brown rice and quinoa and set both aside to cool slightly once cooked. Whole Foods has a guide for cooking brown rice and a guide for cooking quinoa, if you need help.
- Prepare Tommy’s Super Greens according to the instructions on the package and set aside at room temperature to cool slightly.
- To prepare, combine the rice, Tommy’s Super Greens, quinoa, eggs, and asiago cheese in a bowl and mix well until well combined — about 1 minute.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Form the ariancini mixture into golf-ball-sized pieces and place evenly on the baking sheet. Bake the arancini until they’ve reached an internal temperature of 180F and are crispy on the outside.
- Serve immediately on a bed of warm marinara with a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese. These also pair well with a simple salad dressed with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon. Delicious!