Are you looking for a recipe to take your pasta night to the next level? We’ve got you covered!
Our Super Greens & Chickpea Fusilli is full of great taste and even better nutrients. Super Greens can help fight off those winter colds while Chickpea Fusilli has lots of protein to help you feel strong and energized. Top those two ingredients with burrata, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes and voila: the perfect pasta.
Super Greens & Chickpea Fusilli with Burrata
- 1 package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 2 cups Chickpea Fusilli Pasta (Banza brand or similar), cooked & drained
- 2 oz burrata cheese, split
- 1 lemon, halved & seeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper, to garnish
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- pine nuts, toasted, to garnish
Prep Time: 40 minutes
If you can not find a chickpea-based pasta or another high-protein pasta substitute, you may substitute regular or gluten-free fusilli pasta in a pinch.
- Bring a large pot of water to a simmer (add salt if desired) so that you are ready to cook your pasta as soon as the time is right. Preheat your warming drawer or turn on your oven’s warm setting.
- Place a medium saute pan or cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat and brush with a little olive oil. Toast the pine nuts until they are fragrant and lightly browned in spots, stirring frequently to avoid any scorching. Transfer the pine nuts to a plate and wipe out the pan of any debris before returning to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and place the two lemon halves directly onto the center of the pan, cut-side down. Allow them to sit and caramelize until they reach a nice mahogany color before removing them to cool — between 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to disturb the lemons too frequently, as it reduces the quality of the caramelization.
- At this point, you may bring the large pot of water back up to high heat and allow it to reach a rolling boil. Begin cooking your pasta at this point.
- Prepare Tommy’s Super Greens according to the package instructions and set aside in a warming drawer or warm oven for later use.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked and drained, stir in the super greens and transfer to two serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with a 2 oz piece of burrata cheese and garnish with the caramelized lemon halves, pine nuts, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy! Bellissimo!