Packed full of greens, Super greens, to be exact, this burrito guarantees a delicious, plant-powered start to your day quickly and easily. Add in some eggs and cheese, and BAM – here comes the flavor. You can even use a spinach tortilla for an added pop of color.
Whether you’re up and at ’em at 5 am, or rolling out of bed at noon, start your mornings right with this tasty vegetable breakfast burrito. (It’s okay to drool, we won’t tell anyone).
Super Greens, Egg & Cheddar Burrito
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 4 Medium Spinach Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Turn on your oven or warming drawer to the lowest setting and place the tortillas inside.
- Cook Tommy’s Super Greens according to the recommendations on the package. Transfer the Super Greens to a bowl and place them in the warming drawer or warm oven with the tortillas.
- Place a nonstick or seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat and add up to 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, swirling it around to completely coat the bottom.
- While the skillet is warming, crack the eggs into an adequately sized bowl. When the pan is hot, add the eggs to the hot skillet along with the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until they are fluffy and moist. In the last 30 seconds, stir in all of the cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Assemble your breakfast burritos using the traditional “envelope” fold, tucking the edges of the tortilla towards the center before rolling it up.
- Enjoy immediately with some delicious home made salsa!