If you love Super Greens as much as we do, this is the perfect recipe for you!
Delicious polenta rounds, topped with spinach, swiss chard, kale, sauteed zucchini, and juicy heirloom tomatoes. These Super Greens Super Stackers are packed full of flavor, nutrients, and most importantly, fun! Pack them in your lunchbox, enjoy them at the dinner table, or make them for a healthy snack. You can never go wrong with this recipe 😉.
Super Greens Super Stackers
- 1 roll/tube cooked polenta (available in most grocery stores), sliced into nine rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, cut on a bias
- 1 package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 1 heirloom tomato, halved & sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, to garnish
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino cheese, to garnish
- kosher salt & black pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cuisine Type: Italian
- Place a cast-iron skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. While the pan heats, brush each individual zucchini slice with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper, as desired.
- When the skillet is hot, lay the oiled and seasoned zucchini slices carefully into the pan and sear until lightly browned on each side (about 1-2 minutes per side). Remove the browned zucchini slices from the pan and set aside at room temperature.
- Return the pan to the heat and add half the olive oil. Lay the sliced polenta rounds carefully into the oiled pan and sear until lightly browned and crispy on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Remove the crispy polenta rounds from the pan and set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare Tommy’s Super Greens according to the package instructions.
- To assemble, arrange the polenta rounds on a cookie sheet or wooden board and generously top with Tommy’s Super Greens, heirloom tomatoes, and cooked zucchini slices in alternating layers. Garnish with fresh basil and grated pecorino cheese. Serve immediately!