Craving some stir fry, but want to avoid all those candy-sweet, starch-thickened sauces? Try our signature sesame cauliflower recipe once and you’ll find yourself craving the unhealthy take-out version far less often!
Even better, this recipe is super flexible for those needing some extra protein — just toss in tofu or grilled chicken and you’re good to go!
Super Sesame Tommy’s Cauliflower & Green Beans with Brown Rice
- 1 bag Tommy’s Cauliflower & Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Hoisin
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup Scallions, sliced thin
- Sesame Seeds, as desired
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: Asian
Note: For best results, use a Wok for this recipe. If you do not have a Wok, use a large saute pan.
- Preheat a Wok over high heat on your range’s most powerful burner. When a light haze forms over the pan, add the oil. Carefully empty a bag of Tommy’s Cauliflower & Green Beans into the oil.
- Immediately begin to stir fry the vegetables, tossing and stirring frequently in order to avoid any scorching, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin, rice vinegar and honey.
- Continue to stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In the last minute of cooking, pull all vegetables to one side of the Wok and tilt so that the sauce pools in the opposite side. Allow the sauce to continue boiling vigorously until it reduces to a glaze-like consistency, about 1 minute.
- Toss the vegetables and reduced glaze together and serve immediately with hot, freshly steamed brown rice. Garnish generously with sliced scallions and a pinch of sesame seeds (optional).