If you’re sick and tired of cold cereal in the morning, but don’t want to have to get up and start cooking at 6:00am, this recipe is for you! This five-ingredient masterpiece makes having a colorful, healthy breakfast a snap.
And the best part? You’ll only have one pan to wash!
Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts & Fiesta Quinoa Breakfast Skillet
- 1 bag Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts, cooked & sliced thin
- 1 bag Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-4 Large Eggs
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
- 2 Tbsp Water, as needed
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Place a large cast iron pan or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts and Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa and stir together to form a hash. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and make between two and four (depending on the number of eggs) “pockets” in the hash that go all the way down to the bottom of the pan. Crack one egg into each pocket, lightly seasoning the top of each egg with salt and pepper.
- Place a cover on the pan and continue to cook until the eggs are fully set, about five minutes.
- In order to create enough steam to cook the tops of the eggs and to prevent the hash from scorching, you may need to add 1 – 2 tablespoons of warm water to the pan. Do this sparingly.
- Once the eggs are fully set, remove the lid and turn off the heat. Serve immediately with fresh fruit!