This veggie bowl makes for a delicious way to warm up on a chilly night and easily re-heats the next day for lunch. Simply oven roast Tommy’s lightly seasoned Brussels Sprouts, and combine with steamed red potatoes and shrimp lightly sauteed with olive oil and cajun seasoning. Top with chopped parsley and a little squeeze of lemon.
Whether you’re serving this as a romantic dinner for two or as a family-style “make your own bowl” for dinner, you’ll love the taste!
Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts with Red Potatoes & Blackened Shrimp
- 1 Package Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts or Tommy’s Organic Brussels Sprouts
- 6-8 Jumbo Gulf Shrimp, thawed, peeled, & deveined
- 2 Medium Red Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cajun Spice Mix, to taste (Available at most grocery stores — sometimes labeled as Blackening Spices.)
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, as desired
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Fill a 2 quart sauce pan halfway with cold water and place over medium-high heat. Immediately add the cut red potatoes to the sauce pan and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer and allow the potatoes to cook until just tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are simmering, cook Tommy’s Brussels Sprouts according to the recommendations on the package.
- Once the potatoes have finished simmering, drain the and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of parsley and salt, to taste. Once finished, set both the red potatoes and brussels sprouts aside in a warm area for later use.
- Place a small saute pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. While the oil heats, season the raw shrimp with your desired amount of Cajun spice mix.
- When a light haze begins to form over the small saute pan, add the shrimp and cook approximately 2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are fully cooked. A fully cooked shrimp will be firm to the touch and opaque in color.
- To assemble, layer the brussels sprouts and seasoned red potatoes in the bottom of a bowl. Top with blackened shrimp, chopped parsley, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Enjoy!