Have a craving for a burger but want to skip the extra fat and calories? Give this satisfying bowl a try! Combine a cooked serving of Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, featuring white and red quinoa, brown rice, mango, pinto beans, tomatoes, and Poblano peppers with your favorite vegetarian or vegan burger. Top with Cotija cheese (a Mexican cheese that resembles feta), fresh cilantro and avocado slices.
If you want a little extra heat, add a few slices of Jalapeno peppers. There are many kinds of veggie burgers available in the freezer section of your grocery store, and this easy bowl recipe offers a tasty, easy way to find your favorites!
Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa Bowl with Veggie Burger & Avocado
- 1 Package Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa
- 2 Veggie Burger Patties (Whichever are your favorite!)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 Tsp Cotija Cheese (Mexican Cheese)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sliced Jalapeno, to taste
- Chopped Cilantro, to taste
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: Mexican
- Cook Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa and the veggie burger patties according to the recommendations on each package.
- To assemble, fill the bottom of your bowl with Tommy’s Fiesta quinoa and top with slices of veggie burger and avocado. Finally, garnish with cotija cheese, and the desired amount of jalapeno and cilantro!
- Dig in!