It’s no secret that we love our vegetables and veggie burgers are a great (and delicious!) excuse to get an extra serving! We’ve kicked up the flavor with our zesty southwest seasoned Fiesta Quinoa, while still keeping things healthy with plenty of veggies, goat cheese, and avocado.
Both vegetarians and dedicated carnivores alike will find something to love in this protein-packed recipe!
Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 6 Kaiser Rolls 1 bag
- Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, thawed
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Red Onion, minced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
Recommended Burger Toppers: Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, & Goat Cheese
Servings: 6 Patties
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor griddle to medium-high heat. If you do not have a grill or griddle, you can also use a standard skillet.
- Pour the black beans into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse several times until a coarse paste is formed. (If you do not have a food processor, mash with a fork.)
- Transfer the black bean paste to a bowl and add the thawed Tommy’s Fiesta Quinoa, bread crumbs, red onion, garlic, eggs, olive oil, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the veggie burger mixture into six even portions and shape each portion into a “puck” or hamburger shape. The mixture should easily hold its shape and not be too sticky to the touch. If the mixture is sticky or loose/runny, add more bread crumbs and a little oil. If the mixture is dry and crumbly, add a little water.
- Brush your grill or griddle generously with olive oil and cook your veggie burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165F, about 4-5 minutes per side. As your burgers are about to be done, we recommend toasting the Kaiser rolls directly on the grill for about 30 seconds. Serve with desired toppings (see above for our recommended toppings) on a toasted Kaiser roll.