For this recipe, place a cooked serving of Tommy’s Root Fusion (featuring carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, and Fuji apples) alongside an equal sized portion of cooked brown rice. Top with pistachio nuts and crumbled goat cheese. You’ll love this for a fast and easy dinner or a grab-and-go lunch.
Not feeling the rice? This makes a great salad, too! Just roast and then chill Tommy’s Root Fusion, and substitute your favorite greens in place of the brown rice. We recommend balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for a light, tasty dressing!
Check it out!
Tommy’s Root Fusion & Brown Rice Bowl with Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Package Tommy’s Root Fusion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios, Shelled
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
- Add the water to a 1 quart sauce pan and place over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and allow the water to come to a rolling boil.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the brown rice, stir once, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer the rice on low for approximately 35 minutes, or until tender.
- While the rice is simmering, cook Tommy’s Root Fusion according to the recommendations on the package.
- When the rice is finished, season to taste with salt & pepper and get ready to assemble your bowls.
- To assemble, layer the brown rice and Tommy’s Root Fusion together in a bowl and garnish with the crumbled goat cheese and pistachios. Enjoy!