You might be surprised how easy it is to make this light, healthy version of a classic Indian vegetable dish. If you aren’t sure where to find paneer (Indian cheese), check with your local specialty grocer. Garam Masala is a traditional Indian spice mixture that is now available in most major grocery store spice sections. Pair this versatile recipe with roasted meats and basmati rice pilaf for a complete meal.
Tommy’s Super Saag Paneer
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 ounces Paneer (Indian cheese), ½” dice
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- ¼ cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (spice mix)
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 bag Tommy’s Super Greens (frozen)
- ¾ cup Lowfat Yogurt
- Kosher Salt, as desired
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cuisine Type: Indian
- Place a large saute pan on high heat. Add the canola oil and allow to get very hot, until a light
haze forms over the pan.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the diced paneer and cook until golden brown, stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, ginger, onion, turmeric, and garam masala. Continue to cook until aromatic, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Tommy’s Super Greens and stir well. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring
occasionally until full heated, about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the lowfat yogurt and kosher salt (as desired). Stir together and allow the contents of your pan to return to a vigorous simmer. Continue simmering for at least 5 minutes in order to allow the flavors to fully develop.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, or keep in a warmer for up to 30 minutes. Serve with rice pilaf and roasted or grilled meats or fish. Delicious!