Tommy’s Vegetable Medley provides a perfect complement to this “Meatless Monday” dish! Simply cook this delectable, lightly seasoned mixture of broccoli, carrots, and green peas on your stove top for 8-10 minutes in an uncovered pan on medium-high heat. Add in some crispy tofu (seared in light olive oil), and top with chopped scallions and pickled ginger.
Looking to expand this for a super hungry crowd? Add rice or rice noodles, and you’ll have a filling dish with plenty of plant-based protein. If you have a dietary sensitivity to tofu or soybeans, try seitan strips instead!
Tommy’s Veggie Medley Bowl with Tofu & Ginger
- 1 Package Tommy’s Vegetable Medley
- 1 Package Extra Firm Tofu, drained, sliced and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Pickled Ginger, drained
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine Type: Asian
- Lay your tofu slices out and season both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. (Important: Make sure the tofu has been drained and patted dry with a paper towel first to avoid excessive splatter when cooking.)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Continue to heat the oil until a light haze forms above the skillet.
- Gently lay the tofu slices in the skillet with a pair of tongs, being careful not to splash. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook the tofu slices for 3-4 minutes per side, or until each side is gold and crispy. A splatter screen can sometimes be helpful to keep oil splatter clean-up to a minimum.
- Remove the crispy tofu slices from the skillet and use a paper towel or wire rack to drain the excess oil away. Set aside in a warm area for later.
- Once the tofu is set aside, cook Tommy’s Vegetable Medley according to the recommendations on the package.
- To assemble your bowl, add Tommy’s Vegetable Medley and top with crispy tofu, scallions and pickled ginger. Next, add a dash of your favorite Asian-inspired condiment and enjoy!