With the Autumn arriving, snuggling up in front of a fire with some comfort food can be a great way to celebrate. But those comfort foods aren’t always best if you want to keep up a healthy lifestyle in the colder months. So how do you get tasty seasonal foods that are good, and good for you?
Keep healthy food on your plate this season with Tommy’s Roasted Acorn Squash, Arugula Salad, and Root Fusion. One bite, and you’ll Fall in love.
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 Acorn Squash, halved & seeds removed
- 1 Package Tommy’s Root Fusion
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, as desired
Pomegranate & Arugula Side Salad (Optional)
- 3 Cups Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, as desired
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cuisine Type: American
To prepare the stuffed squash:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a small bowl and using a pastry brush, generously coat each acorn squash half. If desired, you may season the inside of each squash with salt and lay them face down on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake until the squash is tender, but still holds its shape — about 25 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to rest at room temperature. While the squash is resting, cook Tommy’s Root Fusion according to the recommendations on the package.
- To assemble, place each acorn squash half face-up on its own individual plate and fill each one with a tall mound of Tommy’s Root Fusion.
- Enjoy immediately with our delicious side salad or your favorite accompaniment.
To prepare the side salad:
- Ensure the arugula is thoroughly washed and dried and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and desired seasoning.
- Toss and garnish generously with the fresh pomegranate seeds.