News Channel 8 Features Tommy’s Products
Looking for fun and fresh ways to energize your diet now that warmer weather is here?
In this short video interview from Channel 8 in Washington, DC, you’ll see that even small changes to your eating habits can help you lose weight, feel better and help the environment. In our busy lives, it’s easy to believe that dietary changes are too hard, too expensive, or take too much time. But, with these easy tips, you’re certain to find the motivation you’re looking for to start on the path of a healthy lifestyle for yourself and the earth.
Watch this 5-minute video from DC’s Channel 8, and you’ll find five tips to:
- Make a green smoothie that tastes so good even the “veggie haters” in your family will ask for it! (The secret? Use chocolate milk in addition to your spinach!)
- Use leftovers for lunch to reduce the amount of food (and grocery money) you throw away. Their soup recipe, featuring leftover corn and chicken, is easy to modify using the leftovers in your refrigerator.
- Save time by shopping in the freezer section. When you want fresh vegetables that won’t “go bad” in your crisper drawer, frozen vegetables are a life-saver and a time-saver. Tommy’s Superfoods’ flash-frozen vegetable medleys and mixtures are picked at the peak of freshness and available for you throughout the year. See how easy it is to pair our low sodium, deliciously seasoned Super Greens with salmon for a satisfying, tasty dinner in less than 10 minutes.
- Reduce the amount of plastic waste you generate by saying “No!” to water in plastic bottles and “Yes!” to Re-Think Water packaged in paper cartons. This innovative idea has the potential to make a big impact!
- Satisfy your sweet cravings with yummy USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project certified sweeteners. These are perfect for iced coffee, tea, smoothies and dessert treats.
We hope you enjoyed these tips from Washington DC Channel 8. Do you have a favorite video featuring healthy eating tips and suggestions for reducing food waste? Share it with us on social media!