We’re a week into our #ThinkVeggiesFirst challenge, and we thought it would be fun to share with you all the tasty things we’ve been eating this week. If you’re looking for more veggie-centric meal ideas, this is a great place to start!
Veggie-Centric Breakfast Ideas
Not sure how to incorporate more vegetables into your breakfast? We have a great article on eating more vegetables at breakfast. An adult needs three servings on vegetables every day, and if you can sneak them in at breakfast, you’ll be starting out the day with super veggie power. Here’s how we get our vegetables in before we’ve had our morning coffee:
- Fresh carrot juice + cereal
- Sweet potato oatmeal
- Avocado toast with Tommy’s Asparagus & Kale
- Fiesta Quinoa & Brussels Sprouts hash
- Kale and apple smoothie
- Veggie omelette + sweet potatoes
- Spinach quiche + olive oil tossed arugula
Veggie-Centric Lunch Ideas
On weekdays, we like our lunches to be quick and easy, without sacrificing on flavor or nutrients. If it can be made the night before and packed so we can reheat it at work, even better! These easy lunch ideas put veggies first without the monotony of a tossed salad.
- Veggie hummus wraps
- Spinach and Root Fusion salad
- Thai cabbage and cilantro slaw + ginger salmon
- Fiesta Quinoa + Cauliflower & Green Bean tacos
- Veggie and tofu spring rolls
- Fiesta Quinoa burgers
- Squash and Fiesta Quinoa mason jar salad
Sometimes dinner just doesn’t come soon enough. When we feel our tummies rumbling mid afternoon, we step up our veggie-first thinking and skip the salt and grease in favor of something we won’t regret later. Need an afternoon (or midnight) snack? Here’s seven veggie-centric ideas:
- Super Greens yogurt dip with vegetables and naan
- Black bean pico de gallo + chips
- Crunchy roasted chick peas
- Kale chips
- Olive tapenade with crackers
- Celery with Thai peanut dip
- Zucchini bread
Veggie-Centric Dinner Ideas
When it comes to dinner, we want lots of veggies on the plate. Not one, not two, but three or more vegetables and we’re sure to be satisfied. We like to start planning dinner by choosing the vegetable first, then adding in any proteins or starches. Here’s the veggie-centric rainbow that has been on our plate this week:
- Greek mezze plates with pita
- Super Greens stuffed mushrooms
- Mixed vegetable grill with pesto and arugula
- Asparagus + goat cheese pizza
- Veggie burger + Fiesta Quinoa bowls
- Vegetable Medley, Organic Sweet Potatoes, and Root Fusion with roasted turkey breast
- Tofu and Sesame Cauliflower & Green Bean stir-fry
It’s been a super tasty week.
We’ve been loving eating extra vegetables at every meal – especially at breakfast when we’ve been rocking the challenge of adding vegetables in unexpected ways.
What delicious things have you been eating?
Not entered to win yet? Join the challenge here and get a free printable meal planner + a Buy One Get One Free coupon.